The Associate Educational Fellowship is always looking to recruit new members.
The Fellowship can offer you:
- A settled ‘home’ at the University of Bedfordshire;
- A settled supper-night format of: ‘supper – reading – question – speaker ’;
- National-level speakers which have included:
Professor Tim Brighouse, Baroness Estelle Morris and Professor Steve Higgins
- A set of objectives
- A research review tool
- A growing network of national links including: ResearchEd, MESHGuides and numerous links on Twitter
- A two-year track record of successful Fellowship activities
Anyone who is involved in education, whether as teacher, a lecturer, a member of the support staff or as a governor/trustee within Bedford Borough, can become a Fellow. All you need to be is curious about how we can improve practice in schools, be reflective, creative and be able to work as part of a team.
Take a look at our Fellowship Movie (Talking Heads) that will hopefully give you a ‘feel’ for what the Fellowship is about. It gives a number of compelling reasons to join!
There are two ways to become a Fellow. Both need to be endorsed by a school or educational organisation to which you are affiliated but you can either be sponsored by the school/organisation or become a Fellow independently.
The cost is £100 per Fellow. This will entitle you to:
- Attend six ‘Suppers’ during the year (once every half term) for two-hour Fellowship meetings (food included) to hear local speakers on subjects chosen by Fellows themselves;
- Have an opportunity to hear top national and international keynote speakers at our termly lectures;
- Be a member of the UoB Library;
- Have quick and easy access to up-to-date, national and international research through our Academic Liaison Fellow;
- Take the opportunity to shape and be part of new research-related course modules as they develop;
- Get published – if that interests you!
Join us on Twitter and see who else is interested in what we are doing! https://twitter.com/aefpbeds
Click here to access the application form or email me for more information.